Rocket League’s upcoming content update, the Autumn Update, is scheduled for September 28.
The update will introduce the following:
– One new “Seasonal” Arena, called “Farmstead”. The Arena was aesthetically inspired by a farm, with wheat fields, crops, and a barn surrounding the playing field. It’s also set in Autumn, meaning there’s a lot of red, orange, and yellow.
– Standard versions of the Wasteland and Starbase Arc Arenas, for “consistency in eSports.”
– An option to have transparent goalposts. If this setting is turned on, goalposts turn transparent based on where the player, and the camera, are located. This aims to prevent any obstruction of view, particularly for players who are inside the goal without having scored.
– New player Banners, including pizza and pigeons, and more than 90 free items, including a Tacos Boost and an Avocado Topper.
– LAN support for PC players, with more information regarding other platforms still to come.
– An AI-powered, eSports-specific camera that aims to spectate effectively by predicting player moves. This was inspired by cameras used in actual physical sports, and has been added as a result of player demand and community feedback.
Rocket League is also set to roll out a PC beta for a competitive tournament infrastructure later this year, which will be built into the game client. Tournaments will allow players to sign themselves up for a tournament against eight to 128 teams, with the ability to set platform and rank requirements.
For a closer look at Tournaments, check out our preview here.
Alanah Pearce is a writer/producer at IGN. You can find her on Twitter @Charalanahzard.
Content originally posted Here this is not owned by The Video Games
This Video Games, Picks news from around the web and posts this for you, The content you have just read was posted from a great place be sure to support them and visit the source link.