A special thanks goes out to the YouTuber GregFPS, for providing all of the main walkthrough images in our Dead of the Night walkthrough.
In order to complete the Dead of the Night Easter Egg, you will need to complete a series of prerequisites before you can begin the main three challenges of the Easter Egg.
Step 1: Obtain All Prerequisites
Listed below, are the required prerequisites that need to be completed in order to attempt the main Dead of the Night Easter Egg.
Once you have completed all of the above tasks, move on to the second step.
Step 2: Complete All Three Challenge Quests
To complete these quests, you will need to revisit the same Stones that were used to unlock the Pack-a-Punch.
It is important to note, that this particular step can be completed in any order.
Listed below, are the three different quests that need to be completed.
The Telescope Quest
When gazing into one of the three stones, you may come across a Telescope image.
If this is the case, you will want to ensure that you have Silver Bullets on your weapon. Once you are ready, begin to make your way to the Cemetery. Here, you will find a large rod sitting on top of the Mausoleum.
Begin to shoot at the large metal rod all at once, until a beam of light appears in its place and points towards the statue of Atlas in the Main Hall.
Use this wheel to align the colored lights with the rotating parts above Atlas’ head. Once this is correctly aligned, the beam will destroy the statues head and connect with the Greenhouse Laboratory’s telescope.
To solve the rotation puzzle as fast as possible, follow the recommended steps below:
- Turn the middle wheel to the left until the green is set.
- Turn the left wheel to the left until the blue is set.
- Turn the right wheel to the left until the red is set.
- Repeat the steps above until the puzzle has been completed.
With the statue destroyed, you must now search for three glowing Zodiac Symbols that have been randomly placed around the map. These symbols will help you gain access to the Greenhouse Laboratory’s telescope.
When searching for the symbols, you will also come across scratch marks that can be found in the same room. These marks will be used to determine the order in which you must input the symbols.
You can find the Zodiac Symbols and Scratch Marks in the following locations:
Zodiac Symbols & Scratches:
- Find the symbol underneath the back left table.
- Find the scratch mark on the shield that is located to the right of the Perk Machine.
- Find the scratch mark on the right wall corner that is closest to the Portal.
- Find the scratch mark next to the painting that is located on the left hand side of the room as you walk in.
- Find the symbol on the left wall of the small closet that is located in the far back left of the room.
- Find the scratch mark just to the left of the fireplace.
- Find the scratch mark on the bed side table to the left of the bed.
- Find the scratch mark through the left window, just as you walk through the fire trap.
- Find the symbol underneath the chess table.
- Find the scratch mark to the left of the bookcase.
- Find the scratch mark directly to your left as you walk through the smoking room, just above the cabinet.
- Find the scratch mark underneath the table directly to the right as you walk in through the Smoking Room.
- Find the symbol on the broken shelf, just left of the Wonder Weapon cabinet.
- Find the scratch mark in the upper right corner of the window that is just to the left of the symbol.
- Find the scratch mark on the pillar that is directly across from the symbol, directly next to the lounge.
- Find the scratch mark next to the left foot of the dinosaur.
- Find the symbol on a pillar near the grand staircase, just behind a candle and iron fence.
- Find the scratch just above the door that leads to the West Hallway.
- Find the scratch mark on the right side of the water fountain, just at the base of the large statue.
- Find the scratch mark in the upper left corner of the room, when walking in from the Forest.
- Find the symbol on the wall next to the green lounge.
- Find scratch mark on the ceiling in front of the stairs.
- Find the scratch mark on the corner of the dinning table, nearest to the stairs.
- Find the scratch mark on the wall that is directly across from the entrance of the East Hallway, directly behind the tables.
- Find the symbol on the bottom row of the wine rack near the Perk Machine
- Find the scratch mark on the large barrel as you head down the right set of stairs.
- Find the scratch mark on the cabinet door that is between both the left staircase and the Perk Machine.
- Find the scratch mark on the barrel that is behind the Workbench.
Once you have found all of the Symbols and their corresponding scratch marks, make your way to the Greenhouse Laboratory.
On the top floor of the Greenhouse Laboratory, enter your code into the telescope’s code device. The order of the code is based on the lowest scratch mark to the highest. To enter your code, be sure to melee the input device after every symbol.
If the code is incorrect, it will disappear and need to be reentered again after a few moments.
Next, equip your shield and interact with the crank to open up the top of the dome. As soon as the dome is completely open, melee the crank with your shield. This will help keep the top of the dome open.
Now, activate the trap inside the Greenhouse Laboratory and equip your shield. With the electricity raining down from the trap, equip your shield and have your team run through the electricity all at once.
This will cause your shield to turn blue and become electrified. With your shield now electrified, start making your way to the telescope and have your team bash it with their shields.
For this step, your team will all need to successfully hit the telescope at the same time. If done correctly, a beam will appear and your screen will flash white.
With the telescope electrified, a Stone Slab will appear just below the telescope on the bottom floor.
Interact with the slab all at once and you will now be locked in the area and forced to fight off a wave that consists of zombies, Vampires, and Werewolves.
As soon as the waves finish spawning, pick up the Stone Slab.
The Effigy Quest
When gazing into one of the three stones, you may come across an image of an Effigy.
If so, make your way to the Cemetery where you will find several trees that have falling leaves.
Shoot down the branches of these five trees with Alistair’s Annihilator and collect them as they fall.
With the branches collected, search the graveyard until you find a gravestone that reads “1912” as the Date of Death.
Depending on who you are playing with, the character that is depicted on the gravestone should be the one to complete the step.
Once you have found the Gravestone, interact with it and it will form a statue nearby that is made out of the branches that you just collected.
Use the charged shot from Alistair’s Annihilator to light the ground below the statue on fire – this could take several attempts.
When ground catches on fire, step into the orange glow and you will now enter into the Afterlife Mode and become invisible to other players on the map.
Head into the mansion and search each of the different rooms for a ghost. Once found, follow the ghost until she begins to burn. Once she disappears, yet another Stone Slab will appear.
Interact with the Stone Slab all at once and you will yet again be required to fight off waves of Zombies, Vampires, and Werewolves. Once the waves have finished, collect the Stone Slab.
The Knight Quest
When gazing into one of the three stones, you may come across a Knight.
If so, you will need to find and locate a Fire Gate Energy Core. These energy cores can be found all over the map, simply just search each of the different rooms and locations across the map and you should find one without any problems.
Once you have a Fire Gate Energy Core, head to the Entrance Hall and insert the core into Fire Gate Trap.
With the trap active, use the charged shot from Alistair’s Annihilator to shoot at the fire, which should turn it blue.
With the fire now blue, equip your shield and walk through the blue flames. With your shield now glowing blue, melee four different fireplaces across the map in a specific order.
It’s important note that fireplaces must be lit in order for this step to work. This step is also timer based, so don’t take too long going in between each locations.
The order of the first set of fireplaces can be found below:
- First Set: Smoking Room > Library (Right and Left), Billiards.
Repeat the steps above and complete the following two sets of fireplaces in the order suggested below.
- Second Set: Main Hall (Left) > East Gallery > Main Hall Right > West Gallery
- Third Set: Trophy Room > Master Bedroom > Music Room > Dinning
After you have successfully completed each set, the last fireplace will drop a crystal that needs to be collected.
With all three energy cores collected, you must now interact with three Knights that are located across the map.
You can find the Knights at the following locations:
- Cemetery – The Knight is located not far from the right entrance of the Cemetery.
- Gardens – The Knight is located in the corner of the path that is right of the Gazebo.
- Main Hall – The Knight is located next to the entrance that leads to East Hallway.
Upon interacting with the Knights, you will place the energy cores into their armor, causing them to crumble to the ground. Once they have crumbled, an energy core will appear in it’s place.
You must then escort the energy core (walking works best) to a randomly spawned ritual circle in the Forest. When walking over the ritual circle, the energy core will stay inside the circle. Repeat this for each of the remaining two Knights.
Once all energy cores have been placed inside the ritual circles, interact with them to spawn a Spectral Knight. You must now kill zombies near the Spectral Knights to charge them with souls. As they become charged, they will slowly begin to move towards the Pack-a-Punch machine, where they will eventually form a triangle.
Once the triangle is formed, Werewolves will begin to spawn. You must successfully kill a Werewolf inside the triangle in order for it to spawn the final Stone Slab.
Have your team interact with the Stone Slab all at once, which will yet again cause a wave of Werewolves, Vampires, Zombies to appear. When the wave ends, pick up the Stone Slab.
Step 3: Defeat The Boss
Once you have collected all three Stone Slabs, it is time to make your way to the strange door that is located just to the right inside the Forest. To initiate the final boss fight, have your team interact with the door at the same time.
Upon initiating the final boss, you will be spawned into a large arena where you will need to complete three phases in order to defeat the large Werewolf boss. Each of the three phases can be found below:
Search the ground of the arena for a green marker. Once found, aim all of the statue lights at this marker.
You must then lure the Werewolf into this trap. This will cause the Werewolf to become stunned and vulnerable to damage.
Shoot at the Werewolf until you see a Max Ammo spawn.
Endure a large wave of Zombies, Catalysts, and standard Werewolves. Fend off these creatures until another Max Ammo spawns.
Just like the first phase, all of the lights will once again become lit. Aim the lights to the green marker that has spawned somewhere in the arena.
However, this time the green marker will be invisible. Aim the lights around the map until you notice a green glow – this will provide you with the markers location.
Once all lights have been aimed at the marker, lure the Werewolf into the trap once again and shoot him until he is downed.
There you have it, you have now completed the Dead of the Night Easter Egg.
Was this guide helpful?
Content originally posted Here this is not owned by The Video Games